High Expansion Foam
– – –
The Heien-Larssen HEX product line is the new generation of high expansion foam generators for the industrial, offshore and marine market.
The HEX100/400 high expansion foam generator has been installed in:
- engine rooms, pump rooms and ro-ro spaces on ships
- turbine enclosures on offshore installations
- airport hangars, cable culverts, storage for dangerous goods and production spaces in the industry
Advantages of FlexiFOAM®:
- Cost-effective safety
- No limitation on foam production
- Expansion ratio up to 1:1000
- Environmentally safe
- Suitable for extreme environments
- Less damage to sensitive equipment
- Complete systems
- Heien-Larssen quality
The system is designed with a capacity to build up an expanded foam level of minimum one metre per minute, and the system has foam liquid for five times total filling of the largest space.
As compared with other water based extinguishing systems the Heien-Larssen developed high expansion foam system cause less water damages to sensitive equipment.
This is based on a test series Heien-Larssen has participated in together with, among others, the Norwegian Navy and Det norske Veritas.
FlexiFOAM® high expansion foam system with the following features:
- Low installation cost
- Low weight
- Low power and water consumption
- Reduced off-hire time compared to gaseous systems
- No piping in the protected area
- High expansion rate
- After release, easy resetting of the system
- Time and cost saving during maintenance
- Safer and easier to maintain